Monday, September 17, 2012

Kitchen Island/Bar Makeover


Just wanted to show you a few pictures of a kitchen island/bar that my son and I made out of an old bar/counter that we found on the side of the road.  First we drove by it a few times to make sure it was something we could use and then finally went by and picked it up (when no one was looking, of course!)  Next we cut off the rounded part (because I knew when we tiled it that I would not be able to tile it on a curve).

Next, my son placed some leftover tiles that we had in a pattern that he wanted and then stuck them down with tile adhesive and grouted them.  Didn't he do a great job?
After that, it was just a matter of painting it and then adding a few special features like a basket and paper towel holder.  We painted it red with off white on the inside shelves to go with his new gray, black, white and red kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment